Fall Protection Safety Training for the Competent Person
Designed to meet OSHA Competent Person Fall Protection training .
This training includes:
- Fall Protection Standards per 29CFR1926.500
- Ladder Safety per 29CFR1926.1053
- Scaffold Fall Protection requirements per 29CFR1926.451(g).
During this Certificate Class, workers will learn their responsibilities as a Competent Person:
- How to help an employer create a training program
- Where to find fall protection standards/letters of interpretation
- Role of employees in fall protection plans
- Nature of fall hazards in the work area
- Procedures for erecting, maintaining, disassembling, and inspecting the fall protection systems
- Use and operation of guardrail systems
- Personal fall arrest systems (PFAS)
- Safety net systems
- Warning line systems
- Safety monitoring systems
- Limitations on the use of mechanical equipment during low-sloped roof work
- Controlled access zones
- How to create a certificate of training and knowing when retraining is needed.
Attendees will take a written exam and upon passing the course will be issued a training certificate that is valid for 3 years.
Competent Person means one who is capable of identifying existing and predictable hazards in the surroundings or working conditions which are unsanitary, hazardous, or dangerous to employees, and who has authorization to take prompt corrective measures to eliminate them.